End Homelessness Winnipeg as Community Entity for Reaching Home is now accepting Letters of Intent for capital projects that will increase the supply of transitional and supportive housing units available in Winnipeg by March 31, 2024. For details, please download the information sheet and budget template below.
Eligible projects include new construction, and conversions (renovations) from non-residential use to transitional or supportive housing units. Funding is not intended to renovate existing housing, but rather, to create new units. If your project is eligible, please send your letter of interest and proposed budget by Monday August 15, 2022, at 4pm to email@example.com.
Since April 1, 2019, End Homelessness Winnipeg serves as Winnipeg’s Community Entity (CE), stewarding funds locally for Reaching Home: Canada’s Homelessness Strategy. The Government of Canada launched Reaching Home in 2019, following the conclusion of the Homelessness Partnering Strategy. Reaching Home provides direct federal funding for communities across Canada to support their efforts addressing local needs and specific homelessness priorities. The City of Winnipeg served as CE under the previous Homelessness Partnering Strategy (2012-2019) and worked with End Homelessness Winnipeg to transition into the CE role in 2019. The Government of Canada defines the CE’s role as follows:
- Providing administrative and other supports to the Community Advisory board (CAB)
- Receiving all requests for funding
- Working with community stakeholders to oversee the development and implementation of a systems-based approach to addressing homelessness
- Supporting a transition to an outcomes-based approach
- Soliciting proposals for community projects
- Approving projects recommended by the CAB in accordance with program terms and conditions
- Contracting and monitoring all projects
- Reporting on its activities and disbursement of fund
- Collecting and sharing data and information
- Reporting on the results and outcomes of all funded projects
- Submitting an annual work plan
- Monitoring and reporting on the development, implementation and success of the community plan including identified gaps in services that have been filled and those remaining, new partnerships forged, and extent to which priorities have been met through sub-projects.
As the backbone organization created with a mandate to lead and coordinate implementation of the 10-year Plan to End Homelessness in Winnipeg, End Homelessness Winnipeg is uniquely qualified for the CE role. Activities supported by Reaching Home align with the pillars of 10-year Plan to realize positive outcomes for homelessness prevention, coordinated access to housing services, systems integration of homeless-serving sectors and measurement toward evidence-based best practices.
Contact the CE at 204-219-8731 or RHadmin@endhomelessnesswinnipeg.ca
- Reaching Home Community Homelessness Report Summary for Winnipeg, 2019-2021 (June 22, 2022)
- 2021 Reaching Home Community Investment Report (February 14, 2022)
- End Homelessness Winnipeg announces Reaching Home COVID-19 funding (December 3, 2020)
- End Homelessness Winnipeg announces funds for winter outreach and drop-in services (November 10, 2020)
- End Homelessness Winnipeg announces Reaching Home funding recipients for 2020-2021 (April 24, 2020)
- End Homelessness Winnipeg funds cold weather outreach and support services (December 13, 2019)
- 2019 Winnipeg Reaching Home Community Plan (.pdf)
- 2017 Advancing Coordination of the Winnipeg Homelessness Sector – Executive Summary(.pdf)
- About Reaching Home: Canada’s Homelessness Strategy