End Homelessness Winnipeg administers the Canada-Manitoba Housing Benefit (CMHB) homelessness stream in partnership with Manitoba Housing. The CMHB is a portable shelter benefit.
Eligible recipients are renters in core housing need: experiencing, or at risk of, homelessness and connected with a housing support program. This stream is designed to support independence and provide safe and stable housing. The goal is to improve outcomes by providing a benefit that addresses affordability gaps in housing costs. CMHB is portable within Manitoba.
To be eligible for the CMHB homelessness stream, applicants must be:
- Connected to a community housing support program
- Receiving Employment and Income Assistance (EIA) or non-EIA Rent Assist
- In core housing need due to affordability
- A Canadian Citizen, permanent resident of Canada or refugee claimant
- Living in private rental accommodation (not Manitoba Housing)
To apply for the CMHB, applicants connect with their housing support program to complete and submit the program application form as well as their tenancy agreement or completed EIA Rent Form.
Download a list of some local Housing Support Programs and Housing Providers here.
For more information on accessing the benefit, contact Marissa Ford at email@example.com
For more information about the CMHB process, download the CMHB procedural manual here.