For one day—May 26—under one roof at the Neeginan Centre, a ground breaking volunteer-driven, community-based initiative is happening in Winnipeg!
Several service providers are coming together as a community to deliver essential and dignity-enhancing services to people who are experiencing homelessness and those at risk of being homeless.
End Homelessness Winnipeg initiated this volunteer-driven event in partnership with the Manitoba Financial Empowerment Network and agencies in the homelessness service sector. The event name aptly means “working with love, kindness and generosity for others” in the Ojibway language.
Using our collective approach, we anticipate serving more than 300 Guests, with a mission to:
- engage and increase the collaborative involvement of homeless and at-risk Guests, business, non-profit community, and individual volunteers to create solutions to homelessness;
- provide a vehicle for community involvement in addressing the issue of homelessness;
- build lasting partnerships beyond the event;
- provide services that will create paths out of homelessness; and
- raise public awareness of homelessness in the community.
Through collective action, we know we can positively impact and transform our community and sustain change.
Where: Saturday, May 26th, 2018
When: 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Where: Neeginan Centre Rotunda, 181 Higgins Ave., Winnipeg
9:00 a.m. – Doors open to Guests, and Guest registration begins at the entrance of the Rotunda
9:15 to 11:45 – services are provided to Guests
12:00 to 1:00 – Lunch service for Guests
1:00 to 3:00 –services continue for Guests
3:00 pm – Event closed to Guests
Here’s how you can join in!