This Call for Applications has now closed. Thank you to all who applied!
Applications are being accepted until November 13 for funding of services for those experiencing or at risk of homelessness during the COVID-19 pandemic. To help extend and expand the emergency response to COVID-19 and help communities address the immediate impacts of COVID-19, End Homelessness Winnipeg, in consultation with the Community Advisory Board and Service Canada, is accepting applications from organizations interested in obtaining financial assistance to provide services specific to meeting the needs of people experiencing or at risk of homelessness during the pandemic. This initiative is made possible through Reaching Home: Canada’s Homelessness Strategy. All projects must be completed, and funds spent, by March 31, 2021. This application process is not for large capital projects.
- Activities that reduce the risk of people experiencing homelessness from getting COVID 19 (e.g., investments to reduce shelter overcrowding to adhere to social/physical distancing requirements).
- Promoting housing stability by connecting people to permanent, transitional, or supportive housing.
- Interventions to prevent eviction such as landlord-tenant mediation services or financial assistance such as paying rent/utility arrears.
- Shelter Diversion for people seeking emergency shelter by exploring safe and appropriate alternate housing arrangements.
- Expansion of drop-in or 24/7 safe spaces to ensure people who are experiencing homelessness have access to basic need services.
For more information on the updated Reaching Home Directives in the Context of COVID-19, please visit the website for Reaching Home: Canada’s Homelessness Strategy.
The deadline for completed applications is 3pm on Friday, November 13, 2020.
To apply to this Call, please download, complete and submit the forms below:
Applications must be submitted via email in the original fillable PDF (application) and Excel (budget) forms.
Please do not attach additional documents other than what is required on the application forms.
Email your completed forms to the email address below, with “2020-21 COVID-19 Application” in the subject line of the email. Any questions concerning this Call, or the application should be directed to the same email address: