End Homelessness Winnipeg’s Ten Year Plan to End Homelessness was released in 2014 and includes several distinctive elements:
- Adoption of a collective impact model that calls for all participants to share a common agenda, engage in mutually reinforcing activities and continuous communication with backbone support
- An emphasis on prevention from both a systems and individual perspective
- A focus on outcomes
- A call for ongoing engagement of groups and organizations in all sectors in a way that is unparalleled in Winnipeg
- An emphasis on Housing First, an approach that recognizes stable housing is the first and primary need of anyone who is homeless
- Creation of a backbone organization, End Homelessness Winnipeg. Our organization focuses on systems; it does not duplicate the work being done by other agencies.
- A commitment to increase the supply of housing and create permanent alternatives to emergency shelters and life on the street.