Operating toward a shared vision that “Everyone Has a Home” and guided by the Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada’s Calls to Action, the Community Sector Leadership Council will be a group of volunteers who guide and promote cross-sector initiatives to support those experiencing or at risk of homelessness in Winnipeg. The Community Sector Leadership Council will address root causes of homelessness, identifying gaps and priorities for the systems that serve those who experience homelessness.
Membership will be at least 70% Indigenous (First Nation, Métis or Inuit). Efforts will also be made to seek representation of individuals qualified from the following groups:
• People with lived experience of homelessness;
• Persons with Disabilities;
• People transitioning out of systems, including the child welfare, justice, education, domestic violence and health care systems;
• Francophone community members; and
• Immigrant/Refugee community members.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and résumé to [email protected] before end of day on Monday, July 15, 2019 clearly demonstrating:
• Experience and/or knowledge of housing and homelessness issues in Winnipeg, including any experience with the following systems:
- Housing and social housing programs;
- Low-Income housing providers and developers;
- The criminal justice system;
- Health Care including mental health and substance use and addictions treatment;
- The education system
- Disability-serving or focused organizations;
- The business sector;
- Community service organizations; and
- Child welfare.
• Willingness to commit the time required to attend and fully engage in meetings;
• Availability for a two- or three-year commitment;
• Motivation to end homelessness and accountability to the community; and
• Willingness to sign and abide by Conflict of Interest policy and procedures and the Guiding Principles according to the Seven Sacred Teachings of love, truth, wisdom, courage, respect, honesty, and humility.
To learn more, click to download the Call for Members or Terms of Reference
To request alternate formats or more information please email [email protected]